Do you have experience with home repairs like roofing, siding, duct work and working in tight spaces? Are you comfortable using power tools? Are you looking for year-round, full-time work, with benefits and a career track, at a family-focused, empowering company? Eastside Exterminators is looking for someone like you!
Exterminators? I don’t kill bugs.
Your home repair skills and experience will serve you well as what we call an Exclusion Technician. You will use your experience and knowledge of residential construction to help solve our customers’ pest issues, by sealing “entry points” to exclude rodents from a home. This requires you to understand basic job order and map reading skills to identify the locations on the structure requiring repairs. However, it is your ability to think on your feet and "outside the box" that makes you a perfect candidate for this position.
What kind of person are you looking for?
- Attentive to details
- A motivated self-starter with strong communication skills
- Willingness and eagerness to learn and be open-minded to new ideas and solutions
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills
So what does my day look like?
- Arrive at our Woodinville office around 7:30 am to read your project outline for the day, gather materials and get your work truck to hit your route.
- Drive safely and responsibly to customers around King and Snohomish Counties to complete your projects
- Communicate with our customers face-to-face, using empathy and understanding to help solve their pest issues
- Use your tools and materials safely and responsibly to complete your exclusion repairs in a timely manner
- Keep your work materials clean and respect the homeowners’ property
- File your notes and digital paperwork to the office quickly and accurately
- Get home safely!
What do I need to be able to do?
- Willing to maneuver, secure, climb and work from ladders
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Willing to crawl, twist and maneuver in crawlspaces for long periods of time
- Ability to safely work from heights and in confined spaces for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work in areas inhabited by rodents, insects and occasionally wildlife in a safe manner
- Must undergo pre-employment criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen
What’s in it for me, really?
Great question! As an Eastside employee, you will have access to:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- A 401k retirement program with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Assistance Program, including counseling, wellness and nutrition, financial planning, legal counsel and more
- Use of company vehicle
What does it pay?
You’ll start at $18 to $20 per hour, depending on experience, during a 90-day training period.
After those 90 days, you’ll get $1,000 in cold, hard cash as a hiring bonus.
Eastside Exterminators has been the leading pest control expert in the Greater Seattle area for nearly 50 years. Our unique, carefully crafted culture has allowed us to grow into one of the largest pest control operators in the state, and among the top 100 in the country. Our actions and decisions are driven by our Core Values: Family Focused, Passionate, Committed, and Do the Right Thing. Our services make a difference in the lives of our customers, and we select new teammates who fit our culture and demands.
If you are looking to grow your career and contribute to a company that works for the betterment of its customers, Eastside Exterminators is the right place for you. Our family has been protecting families since 1969 throughout King and Snohomish counties. We utilize specialized, highly-trained experts for every step of the pest control process, ensuring that customers are always being served by the most qualified individual possible. For pest control, insulation remediation, wildlife solutions and much more, Eastside Exterminators is the top choice near Seattle. Learn more about our culture, process and history at eastsideexterminators.com
Company Website: eastsideexterminators.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)